Vega de Ceniga Melina, Bizkaia, Spain – Tutoress
CV Melina Vega de Ceniga
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of the Basque Country (1992-1998). Award for Extraordinary Achievement.
- PhD Cum Laude in Medicine and Surgery, University of the Basque Country 2013. Thesis: Assessment of biomarkers and predictive models for abdominal aortic aneurysm growth.
- Training in Angiology and Vascular Surgery, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid (1999-2004).
- Consultant in the Department of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, Hospital de Galdakao-Usansolo, Bizkaia (2004-today).
- Exchange programs in: Montefiore Medical Center, The University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York 2002; Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland 2011; Stanford School of Medicine, Palo Alto 2011.
- European Board of Vascular Surgery 2006.
- SVS International Scholarship 2010.
- Spanish Society of Angiology and Vascular Surgery (SEACV) Executive Board (2013-2017), Vicepresident (2017-today).
- Associate Editor for: European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (2014-today), EJVES Short Reports (2016-today), Angiología (2009-2011).
- Reviewer for: Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg, EJVES Short Reports, Atherosclerosis, Thromb Vasc Biol, Ann Vasc Surg, Angiología, Vasc Endovasc Surg, Heart Vessels, McMaster Online Rating of Evidence.
Scientific and teaching experience:
- 101 published original papers
- 112 oral presentations (national/international)
- 43 lectures/teaching
- ESVS Guidelines Committee (2013-today).
- Scientific Committee of the SEACV (2009-2013).